SAVE. THE. DATE.
Sharpen those edges, Zone Race is just around the corner.
Hosted by Mount St. Louis Moonstone, on March 24 patrollers from all over Central Zone will gather for what will surely be a shining display of grace, speed and fine toboggan handling skills…or not!
If you haven’t been to the race before, here is what you need to know:
- You have to go down the hill, fast.
- Sometimes you have to do it with a toboggan behind you.
- Occasionally someone might crash!
There is one result we know for sure… if you come, you won’t be disappointed!
For more information please contact Frankfugaccia@hotmail.ca
The race will be hosted by Mount St. Louis Moonstone:
24 Mt St Louis Rd W R.R.4
Coldwater, ON L0K 1E0
Registration will open at 8:30AM in the Oak Room located in the Mount St. Louis chalet.
Race will take place on Smart Alec, located on the Moonstone mountain and accessed via the Promenade Six Express chair.
Race fee is $40 per person or $120 per team
Non-competing coaches are $20 per coach
Race fee includes lift ticket, race entry and lunch.
Only registered groups of 4 will be entered into the team toboggan challenge.
The deadline to register is Thursday, March 22, 2018. Registrations should be done either by individual or by group on zims.com
Awards are provided for:
- Ski Team (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Snowboard Team (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Toboggan Team (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Individual Skier – Female (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Individual Skier – Male (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Individual Snowboarder – Female (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Individual Snowboarder – Male (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Queen of the Hill – Best combo time of a female ski & snowboard run (1st)
- King of the Hill – Best combo time of a male ski and snowboard run (1st)
RULES FOR CENTRAL ZONE RACE
- Central Zone Race:
- Each team must consist of four members of the same discipline and must have at least one female and one male.
- Each racer will compete in two runs.
- The combined total of the two runs will be used for individual placing.
- The faster of the two runs will be used for the team score.
- Racers will run in numerical bib order for the first run and reverse numerical order for the second run.
- Racers must be at the start area in order of number. If you miss your turn you must wait until the end to complete your run.
- Individual winners are decided by cumulative time of both runs. If a racer fails to make both runs, they are disqualified from the individual competition, but if they have completed at least one run they are still eligible for the team competition.
- A complete run is one in which the racer leaves the race start, passes on the correct side of each gate (without missing one), crosses the finish line with a valid time and is properly registered for the race.
- Due to the scarcity of toboggans only one team from each resort can participate in the toboggan challenge. The toboggan team can consist of any four members racing for the resort.
- A rough course map map and instructions will be given out at registration and explained in the coaches meeting. The course is subject to change based on the placing of gates and how the snow holds up throughout the day.
- If an obstacle is not completed, 30 seconds will be added to the team’s time for each occurrence.
- If a passenger falls out of the toboggan, 10 seconds will be added to the team’s time for each occurrence.
- A passenger falling out of the toboggan is defined as the passenger is no longer in contact with any part of the toboggan.