It’s that time of year again! Nominations are now being accepted in ZIMS and you have until April 5 to submit.
Haven’t wrote an award before? No problem, here are some tips:
- Talk to other people on your patrol and coordinate with your patrol leader. You don’t want to duplicate work others may already be doing!
- Review the award criteria, and gather information about your nominee. You want to make sure who you nominate is eligible, and that the reasons you think they deserve the award match with the description of what the award is for.
- Write your award. Make sure your nomination is detailed enough that someone who doesn’t know your hill, or the nominee, will understand why they deserve the award. Make it interesting, and keep it concise. You want to tell a story…but you also don’t want the viewer to lose sight of the key reason for the award.
- Edit! Have someone with fresh eyes review your award and identify information gaps or inconsistency. An award that reads smoothly and clearly outlines eligibility will have the greatest chance of making an impact.
- The sooner you submit your awards, the sooner you can go skiing!
Awards are presented at the annual awards banquet in May. It’s a great chance to hang out with your patrol family and celebrate the end of the season.
On May 12, the Airport Holiday Inn at 970 Dixon Rd. in Etobicoke. Save the date and consider booking your hotel room early…it’s sure to be a party late into the evening!